Sunday, September 21, 2008

Blogger and WordPress

I am enjoying Blogger, but I have to say I really like WordPress as well...I think they are both excellent choices for bloggers, both feature easily navigated and intuitive interfaces, html editing, and lots of different designs and templates to choose form for the look of one's blog. There were some differences that I picked up on between the two:
  • WordPress has more templates to choose from
  • WordPress design tools in larger type and buttons than Blogger
  • WordPress allows CSS editing, Blogger doesnt
  • Blogger layout page (called Dashboard) easier to use than WordPress
  • This something intuitive: Blogger "feels" less intimidating than WordPress
The main feeling I come away with is this: As a beginning blogger myself, I find Blogger to me a better choice for me at this point than WordPress...the dashboard being the main reason why. Blogger offers more handholding for the beginner, and right now that is important for me.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Tom - I gotta agree on Blogger vs. Word Press - I did the same comparison and found Blogger quicker to learn and more intuitive.