Sunday, December 7, 2008

Consoles for Libraries

I think I have a fair handle on consoles and gaming in general. Not that I do a lot of it myself, but I know SO many people who do that I have gotten plenty of opinions on many different consoles. If I had to choose one, I would most definitely choose the Wii, because I think its game selection does the best job of covering a large age group, and the motion sensor clearly gives an opportunity for people to move around. There are senior citizen centers that have Wii bowling leagues, which gives seniors active exercise instead of them being passive users. You can adapt the Wii to many different activities and age groups quite easily. Since I feel it is the console which would have the farthest reach among my library users, it would clearly be my choice.

No comments: