Sunday, October 12, 2008

Delicious and Ma.gnolia

Ok...these are both cool, and useful. However, my gut and intuition tell me to go with Delicious. Delicious seems more streamlined to me...I really like the simple navigation bar at the top of the Delicious home page....Home, Bookmarks, People, Tags. Thats delicious in a nutshell. Everything I need to know can be found in those four categories. I like seeing the most popular bookmarks right there on the home page. I get a sense immediately of what Delicious is all about. With Ma.gnolia I dont have that sense. Nothing on the Ma.nolia home page jumps out and tells me what I can do here. Nothing grabs me even though it somehow feels busy. The nav bar on Ma.gnolia, even though it appears to be the same size as the one on delicious, doesnt grab my attention. I am new to both of these services, and I have to say I will be definitely using delicious for my bookmarks. When something makes sense and feels easy to use, I will always go with it.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Once again I agree that both social bookmarking packages are very useful. Since I am new to both sites, I have decided to put both to use until I can determine which I feel more comfortable using. I guess you can say that I will be "test driving" the sites for the next couple of weeks :)