Sunday, October 5, 2008

RSS: TOMMY LIKEY!! or ODE TO CHRIS FARLEY

Tommy Boy is one of the funniest movies ever made. There, I said it. If you dont know why I call this post ODE TO CHRIS FARLEY, get thee hence to netflix and order Tommy Boy. I defy you not to laugh out loud!


Ok, on to RSS. I am completely new to RSS. Still feeling my way around, especially the producer part. But as a heavy internet user, I love the ability to organize all my pertinent information and resources in one place, regardless of the website that information originates from. RSS is truly a fantastic system of organization. Listen, old habits die hard, I am still going to ALL my websites each day to check the information I need. I am set in my ways and it is hard for me to change. In this case however, it is going to happen as I get more accustomed to using RSS. The convenience and ease with which I can access all my info is too apparent, and it will take me a while, but I will be a regular.


On the producer side, well, I still find it a little daunting and confusing. While each individual step I need to take is simple enough on its own, putting it all together and using FeedBurner and Feed Informer with my blog and tracking usage with Google Analytics and getting a chicflet from Add This and wait dont forget Feed2JS....I am still getting used to all of this. In my personal life I have no need or desire to do any of this. In my professional capacity, certainly in public libraries, I can see the usefulness and how the combination of all these tools can do a tremendous job in getting your library front and center. I get it. I just have to get use to it.

No comments: